Friday, April 17, 2009

Entering to the World of Photography

Assalamualaikum and good day. I'm Ariff and just started photography as a hobby.

Basically, I'm quite interested with the photography but not that seriously before this. I bought standard point and shoot camera back then and always took macro-like pictures, since that is the only maximum capacity to take beautiful pictures.

Then one day, my wife told me about her friends' husband, the photographer that happened to be a famous Wedding Photographer in Malaysia, Saiful Nang. Well, I'm not that suprised until we were looking at his blog and website. All of his work truly captured my heart.

My families comes from the art lover and practitioner. My late grandfather likes photography that have his own darkroom in his house. He's also a violinist that he made the violin himself. My uncle is the sculptor. My Aunt was a violinist and now one of the director of Aswara. My dad was a guitarist when he worked as government servant. Seeing that the art is in my family's blood and I'm also quite an art lover (music & photography) myself.

That is why I couldn't wait any longer and do the survey which DSLR is suitable for me. After looking and searching, I finally bought Sony Alpha 200 (since I'm Sony [PS3!!] enthusiast) with two kitlens package couple of days before Eidul Fitr.

Couple of months after, I bought another lens which is good for close-up portrait 50mm f.1.4 and just few days before, I just bought Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 DC Macro.

Looking at this, it seems that it is more than just a hobby. Perhaps, this my journey to be a professional photographer...still a lot to learn though.

Raja Ariff's Profile | Create Your Badge
Raja Ariff's Facebook profile

No comments:

Post a Comment